Sunday, May 8, 2011

On going art journey

I have signed up for Alisa Burke's Sketchbook Delight Online class - the actual class ended some time ago, but that is the beauty of virtual learning, it is still there for me to access.

I am still working my way through Lesson 1, which is really just testing out all the media. This exercise has been very good for me - it helps be learn what I like, what works and what doesn't.  As someone with NO formal art training since grade school, this is very important.

So - here is my sketchbook so far.

6 comments:

chillin with Quillin said...

good job, like the arts!!!
Paula

Sandra Strait said...

It looks like an awesome class. Good luck and have fun!

Unknown said...

Testing media is so fun! :) Seems like you are enjoying it. I like the little shell you drew too.

Okami said...

I really am enjoying this, I'm learning so much. The shell is Alisa's but I have one that looks very much like it on my desk. She uses it in her techniques vids and I just started copying it. I have more tests to do, so you will see more of the shell.

JoniB said...

I like that shell, too. The first pic of pencil tests looks really cool. I'm really enjoying your art journey!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the comment!

i just found those and i was missing him so much i felt i'd mail them out.
i still have four left to send, then they're all gone.